We sincerely thank you for your past and present donations and we hope
that you will continue to support us and stay in touch as we grow.
We would like to remind our donors that every dollar donated will go directly
to support the care and education of the girls at Nyumba Yanga Orphanage,
and Future In My Hands unless you choose to designate all or part of your
donation to help us cover the administrative and/or travel costs involved with
running Homes of Joy.
Our hope is that by providing you with the options above, you will feel
confident about how your donation will be used, and know that your support
reaches exactly where it is most needed.
In addition to providing for the regular care of the girls, we also provide
funding for special projects identified though needs assessments and
requests from the Sisters. Our current special projects are outlined below.
When you click our "Donate Now" button, you will be able to designate how to allocate your donation between the following options:
1) General support for the girls at Nyumba Yanga Orphanage and Future in My Hands in Zambia
2) Site Visit Travel Costs
3) Admin & Operating Costs
4) Special Project for 2022: Post-Secondary Scholarship & Bursary Fund for FIMH
Option 2: Send a Donation By Mail
Cheques can be made payable to "Homes of Joy"
and mailed to our new address:
45 Ballantine St.
(Please indicate on the cheque memo the type(s)
of donation you are making based on the fund options
How You Can Donate
Current Special Projects
Special Project for 2022 – Post-Secondary Scholarship & Bursary Fund for FIMH
For 2022, we have taken a look at needs for the year ahead and decided to focus on Special Project efforts this year solely on our Post-Secondary Scholarship & Bursary Fund. We are excited to continue supporting girls at the Post-Secondary level, especially after the success of our first college graduate in 2021!
We continue to have girls graduating from high school who have come up through the private school system facilitated by our support. We want to continue this bursary fund in order to support girls who are ready to further their education at the collegiate, university or vocational level; opening further possibilities for their futures.
Successes through this fund in 2021
· Memory has now graduated from Nursing College, completed her provincial nursing registration and is currently applying for jobs as a fully licensed nurse. In the meantime, she is volunteering at a local clinic assisting with administering Covid-19 vaccinations. Congratulations Memory!
· Idah has worked hard this year completing her third and final year in the Medical Officer Program. She is writing her final exams in the near future, and we hope she will be successful and join our Post-Secondary graduate list!
· Chisanga is currently studying in her third year of a four-year civil engineering program and progressing very well too.
Requests for 2022
· So far for 2022 we have received requests from Future in My Hands to continue supporting Chisanga through her 4th year in Engineering, as well as requests for two girls who have applied to start Teacher’s College (and have been with us for many years from Nyumba Yanga to Future in My Hands). We are keeping our fingers crossed that they will be offered places as they would both make wonderful teachers.
In order to adequately support all of the girls above for 2022, we need to raise $6000.00 CDN as part of this Special Project, and are so grateful for anything you can contribute. You can choose to donate directly to this Special Project using the drop-down menu on Canada Helps, or by including a note along with any donations sent in by mail.